In This Issue
Systematic Innovation's Successes in Healthcare
Systematic innovation is being applied to many industries with great results. Unique approaches are producing important resolutions and solving difficult problems. Two healthcare case studies address the wide fields of applicability for strategic and systematic innovation - the first focuses on problem solving for a biotech company and the second addresses emergency room delays in a hospital.
New Course Teaches Execs to Lead Innovation as CIOs
Chief Innovation Officers (CIOs) are sprouting up everywhere as the newest addition to management. But what does it take to develop a culture of innovation? And how should a company design its program for measurable and repeatable results?
BMG is helping leaders answer these burning questions with its executive training course aptly titled Chief Innovation Officer. Attendees have included leaders from: Levi Strauss, Circuit City, BCBS of Mass & GE Energy.
Next class: Feb 25-26 in Denver. Visit BMG online for details.
New Innovation Job Openings
Innovation Consultant new!
Confidential, United States-Chicago
Anderson Power Products | Sterling, Massachusetts
FairPoint Communications, Inc. | Portland, Maine
Colibri, Inc. | Providence, Rhode Island
VP, Product Management
Spherion | Northern, New Jersey
Director, Product Innovation
Aerotek | Cincinnati, Ohio
V & V Supremo Foods Inc. | Chicago, Illinois
Product Development Engineer
Martin Engineering | Neponset, Illinois
Director, Innovation and New Product Development
Reliant Energy | Houston, Texas
Cypress Communications | Atlanta, Georgia
Director, Product Management
CIBER, Inc. | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Recent Innovation Discussions
"For me this is more a post to cover the bases - as pointed out, it does not go into details, more a clear way of warming up within a theme.."
Creatology and Total Innovation Management
"Since creatology and total innovation management are new and growing topics, there are few references..."
FYI - Inventor of Blogger and Twitter
"...'Radical constraints ... can lead to breakthroughs in simplicity and entirely new things.'"
The Latest News & Press Releases
New Management Book Has Roadmap To Control An Entire Enterprise And Predict Bottom Line Results
- CoDev 2008 to Feature Special Presentation From NineSigma Open Innovation Expert
- Sex, Science & Profits: How People Evolved to Make Money by Terence Kealey
- Fostering a Culture of Innovation within British Education: Futurelab's Ideas Incubator
- New Management Book Has Roadmap To Control An Entire Enterprise And Predict Bottom Line Results
- Ladders of Innovation
Upcoming Conferences & Training Events
- Driving Strategic Innovation - Lausanne, Switzerland [Jan 27]
- Introductory TRIZ Training for Technology and Engineering - Utrecht, Netherlands [Feb 2]
- The 2008 Summit on Lean Six Sigma for Service and Transactional Environments - Virginia [Feb 20]
- TRIZ/Systematic Innovation Certification Workshop - Level 2 - Bristol, United Kingdom [Feb 28]
- de Bono's Value Scanning with Six Value Medals Tools: Train-the-Trainers - Texas [Mar 3]
- Hands On TRIZ - Iowa [Mar 4]
- 2nd Annual Service Innovation Design & Development Conference - California [Mar 31]
- de Bono's Focus on Facilitation - Arizona [Apr 8]
- The R&D Management Conference 2008 - Ottawa, Canada [Jun 18]
- PLM Road Map 2008 - Michigan [Sep 23]
Commentary Focus: Jugad Technology
To go to India, I was supposed to travel from Chicago to Newark, and then catch the international flight to Delhi. Chicago is known for surprising weather conditions; my flight to Newark was delayed beyond catching the international flight to Delhi. Seeing the opportunity to participate in a business event evaporating in the freezing conditions, I asked the customer service supervisor to find a way to get me to Delhi. Being a frequent traveler, I should not have expected anything beyond a standard answer...
It turned out the agent happened to be from the Indian subcontinent. He was glad to help me get to Delhi, and promised he would apply the "Jugad." I have heard this word before in Hindi, but never gave any significance to it. Now that it was going to help me, I paid attention. Jugad really means a combinatorial play acted out by street-smart people to quickly solve a problem.
For past issues, please visit the Newsletter Archives.
Replies to this email are not monitored. If you would like to contact someone at Real Innovation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed from our web site. If you do not want future issues, follow this link.
© 2006-2014, RealInnovation.com
A Division of CTQ Media
321 High School Road NE STE D3 #434
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110 USA